Friday, December 14, 2007

Vampires (try to) Attack!

I don't have great veins. It's a fact. Whether that's due to people butchering me down the years or whether it's because I'm naturally very tight with my blood is debatable. This morning, the first day of my Christmas holidays, I went out to the hospital to have my blood taken, as despite three attempts on Tuesday, they got zero. Zilch.

This morning was no better. After two attempts we (I) gave up. I said that they could put on my chart that I refused any further attempts and was happy to come back in January. I was on my way out when the nurse called me back because they'd found another victim person who could attempt.

I'll be honest, she was wearing a lab coat which screamed 'doctor' at me, so I was very reluctant. I do NOT like doctors taking my blood. At all. BUT, fair play, she found the vein which so many professionals scoff about being useless and *bingo* she struck gold. Sixth time lucky it is! This means I don't need to return until Feburary.

I just hope I didn't take double my dose of tablets last night. I'm 99% certain I didn't but I can't be 100% sure. Eeeek. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough though! =)