Thursday, December 06, 2007

Insignificance

Yesterday I posted about my Gosh-Awful day, but time is a healer and I'm feeling much better - despite the fact that all my college work has been deleted and I have to start from scratch. I also got the date for my driving test so I'll keep that letter in my car in case any more pesky Gardai decide to suspect me of being a danger on the roads.

Anyway, all of this is insignificant as I heard the news that Katy French (24) passed away this evening. She was a model come socialite of minor celebrity status. She appeared in the low budget RTE equivalent of "I'm a Celebrity...", among other things. She seemed to be one of these who wanted the world of Showbiz. I'd never really heard of her until she took ill last week.

There's speculation as to what happened as the circumstances seem a bit hazy, but that doesn't really matter, as she's another life gone and it makes me sad. It says she had passed away peacefully in the arms of her sister Jill and alongside her Mum and Dad. She had been in ICU since last week, having suffered multiple heart attacks, from what nobody knows. Well, we don't know.

I think that's the part that gives me the heeby jeebys, the ICU. I think it's so sad that she went in and just never woke up. Those awful beeping monitors and sounds and smells - yuck. And then the silence of it all.

This whole thing makes me sound like I knew the girl; I didn't. As I said I didn't really know who she was until last week, but I think it's the fact that she was so young and had so much to live for. It puts files being deleted from a memory stick into significance. :(