Saturday, August 25, 2007

I went and saw Hairspray tonight. It was a slightly spontanous decision which meant I missed the opening song. I had had my eye on this film for some time, as a few people who I used to work with have a freak like obsession healthy interst which borders on illegal intrigues me so much, I decided to check it out.

Anyway, Zac Efron is so totally dreamy(!) and the acting and dancing was excellent. It was a musical and I love anything that has music in it so I was in my element. I can't claim to be able to sing - I blame an undiagnosed deafness somewhere - but I enjoyed "singing" along nonetheless. And I am serious, I really, honestly can NOT hold a note if I was trying to save my life. It's not that I'm tone deaf, as when I sing, I can hear I'm not singing right, I know I have the wrong note, but there ain't nout I can do about it!

It must be noted, I left the cinema feeling in a most upbeat of moods; I reccomend Hairspray to anyone.

Zac Efron as Link Larkin