Saturday, June 09, 2007

OK this is really the last time I do this. I did actually finish the mini marathon, honestly, I'm not just buying some time here, I've just been rather busy! And hot...

The breeze left us today so it was just amazingly hot. I was working of course. But never mind.

In the meantime, I'd like to shout out to my friends in SAN DIEGO who I believe have been reading. Eileen and Helen were selected to participate in a Surfing Competition and will be out there until the end of August. The organisers of the competition gave them no money or a place to stay, so they're trying their best to make the best of a bad situation. Life is hard on them at the moment, and they have resorted to playing percussion on their surfboards by day to earn their way. They feel it socially degrading and feel their dignity got left behind on the aeroplane. I think their surf coach even dropped them when they got out there too. Apparently they applied for a spot on the team over the Internet, but Eileen forgot to mention she can't swim. And Helen neglected to tell them she doesn't like sports.

Nah, I'm only joking, there is no surf competition. But they are out in San Diego. It's annoying.