Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Last day done and dusted.

I had to do a delivery down and across the dual carriage-way today too. That's a L.O.N.G. cycle! Longer then I'm used to anyway, but it was enjoyable and a little amazing too. Who'd a thunk I could have cycled *that* far?!

Apart from that, the rest of the day was pretty mundane apart from:

Lady: Hi, I'm looking for a digital thermometer please...
Me: Yup, no problem. Hmmm let me see...(acts like I just misplaced it while I scan my eyes frantically over the shelves as I ALWAYS DO whenever a customer asks for anything) Ah here we are!
Lady: Is there just the one? How does it work?
Me: Hmm, there should be more (always act like you agree with the customer)...No, none here... This says just to place in the mouth until the beep
Lady: Oh, OK, that's good...
Me: Oh WAIT, there's more over here.

*reaches down*
Me: Hmmm, these seem to take longer...you just need to...what the??? (Thinking how on earth you could test your temperature by giving a 'sample')...I don't get it....

Lady: I don't quite think...

Me: Oh wait, NO! This is a....ahem....pregnancy test ...ahem...never mind....
Lady: No I don't need one of those. (laughs) ...Trust me! (Sighs)

To conclude, I think I would make an excellent retails salesperson thingy..Phew!