Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's funny how Mother Nature changes her course to suit the occasion. Well, that's what I believe anyway. Yesterday was a day full of storms, with every cloud acting as a constant shadow cast over the country. Today, as I awoke, it felt like it could have been summer. The birds were singing, the view outside my window was a palette of beautiful sunny colours and the sun shone in my window with a degree of warmth I haven't felt all year. There was also a feeling of peace in the air, like the one you feel when everyone is still asleep and it feels like you are the only person going about their business.

Today was J's funeral, and a beautiful one at that it was. J was a fairly private person, so in order to respect her, and her privacy, I don't feel comfortable talking too much about the day's events, however I do wish to say that she was a spectacular lady and that that sentiment was most definitely shared with everyone I spoke to.

It was an hour where so many people came together to say goodbye to a intelligent, caring and beautiful girl. I only knew her because of my C.F. as it was something we shared.

The C.F. community is a funny one. In a sense it is like one big family, where everyone is there for one another and shares and empathises so much of what one with CF can experience, but like every family, we also have differences and tensions between members as well. Unlike most other communities though, we didn't chose to come together or seek out one another, but rather we were clustered together and this can often be the reason for our strains. Despite these stresses and tensions, of which make up such a minute part of our relationships, I don't think I would give it up. It's a strange thing bonding with someone you wouldn't probably get to know without the link of C.F. Many people who have come into contact with the "CF group" often have a desire to be a part of such a "club", as they can see what a strong ravel we have.

Having C.F. isn't something I chose, but it was the cards I was dealt as it was for everyone else with the condition out there. It is a sad community because of the nature of the disease, and certainly on these pages I seem to only "report" the sad news and never the positives (of which there are many).

Today, I met many of the "group" who I knew from Vincents. We stood outside the church and talked long after most people had left. It was a sad circumstance that we had been clustered into each other's company once again, but once we were there, the tensions disappeared. Because, tensions no longer matter. We've all been through this before, and sadly we will probably be again. But that's not the point.

One fabulous girl left us on Sunday, and because of this lady, so many people were brought together. That is what I am thankful for.

Thank you J, and for one last time, Goodbye. xxx

(I hope blogger lets me post this as it seems to have got pretty long!!)