Monday, February 12, 2007

UPDATE: I rang the clinic and spoke to my transplant nurse about my current predicament, and after speaking to the head man himself, it was decided that I shall be put on a week's course of Moxiclon (?). It's a newbie for me, but I am told it is in the same family of antibiotics I have been on before. I googled it and discovered it is used to treat acute sinusitis. The good news is I still feel fine. If it wasn't for my chest bringing up some "not-so-nice-stuff", I probably wouldn't need anything, but its best to err on the side of caution.

In other HUGE news, Eileeeen officially turned twenteen today! She keeps pestering me to go out tonight, but with her past record of infecting me with goodness knows what, I haven't made my mind up yet. Plus I still haven't had a root around my bedroom to find something I could pass off as a new present....Wait there were those nice socks I only wore once...and I'm almost certain I won't be wearing that Zara scarf anymore...Ah yes, all I need to do now is feed her the "oh but vintage is in!" line. Classic!

EARLY POST:Today I am going to ring the Mater, as I seem to have picked up some sort of bug (Thanks Eileeeen). Clinically I would appear to be sick, but thankfully it hasn't yet hit my energy or mood. It started on Friday/Saturday, with a bit of a snuffley cold thing and a bit of a sore throat.

This evening though, my chest is rather clogged, with me producing some thick and not so nicely coloured 'stuff'' when I cough up.

I will probably have to go over and give a sample and I'm hoping to get sent away with oral antibiotics. I may resort to getting on my knees and begging not to be given IV antibiotics (ones in arm, like a drip) as my veins are absolutely absolutely absolutely awful! The only way I survived the past 10years was thanks to an ingenious invention known as a "port/implantofix" which is like a permanent line inside you hooked to a nice fat vein. Without that, I'm lost.