Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday-Patterday

  • I finished my ski lessons today, and hope to begin my next set ('C' lessons) next weekend. We finally got to go up on to the black slope ("expert ski-ers beyond this point only!") and generally just brushed up on our skills. As far as I know, once you are able to ski on black slope, you can ski mostly any slopes around the world. I can't wait to begin my next set now! I don't think my 'Saturday-very-serious-take-notes-class' shared my enthusiasm for the black slope, and I think my instructor saw this, as she would have the class go off and do stuff but hold me back and give me other exercises to do, (and no these weren't special dumbed down exercises before anyone asks)

  • I didn't get back 'til early afternoon and after having lunch, went out shopping. I picked up one or two books and some ski socks. I now officially own a piece of ski clothing! Yay!

  • There was a girl up at the club today, and she looked the business with her slick sunglasses, expensive (and pretty) ski jacket and her own boots. (Not entirely dissimilar to Eileen!)Needless to say I was rather impressed and rather envious too! Here was I, in my own non ski jacket, rented boots and poles, woolly jumper, basically the stereotypical pauper of the slopes! Anyway I expected that I would see her zooming down the black slope, so when she passed me to go on to the 'A' slopes (never-in-my-life-skied-before-slope) I had to laugh! Oh dearie!

  • My Dad said he would bring me to '53 degrees north' to get some ski gear, but he took the wrong exit off the motorway, gave out, got annoyed and came straight home again. He went on and on and on about how he didn't know where he was, how it was getting late, and yadda, yadda, yadda. Somehow this was all my fault. I felt like telling him 'Yes I did hear you the first eleven times you said that', but couldn't be bothered arguing with someone who had the argumentative mind of a two year old at the time. Some people....


  • Brendan and Anonymous, thank you for the answers to my question! I will know where to come when I need some more song information, (and am too lazy to do a Google!)

  • Off out tonight for what hopefully will be an enjoyable evening. Today is my five month anniversary of getting my transplant. Every first of the month is always a reminder. I got called on the first of July, but my operation didn't happen 'til the second.

**Please note, from now on, if you wish to leave comments, please use the guestbook! Thanks!**