Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Random fact about Eileen: Eileen and I once played on the same hockey team when we were about 15. (I know, can you believe she was as good as me at hockey?!). One day we had a match, and I went down to our sports hall, all ready, most of the team were there, but no Eileen. Turns out Eileen was in a computer lesson (oh what a waste that turned out to be!) and wasn't allowed leave. Eileen, ever the dedicated hockey player, attempted to run out of the class when the teacher popped out for a minute and got caught!! She then had to stay in the class, and afterwards had to write a letter of apology! Oh the woes of some people...

...And on to today...I went to Yoga as per usual. It was our last night before Christmas tonight. My bones and muscles are thanking their lucky stars. There were only six in the class, which if you ever did probability in Maths class, you would know that with less people present, there would be less chance of a wee 'parper', but alas, against the statistics, we had one. And this 'one' parped 'twice'. Ewww.

Tomorrow I am off to the Mater nice and early (waking up on time provided of course) for a second attempt at taking bloods.

On a slightly related note, I received wind of some information this evening, that one of the doctors who looked after me in Newcastle has left. He is an amazing doctor and I know I'll miss him when I'm over there in January. My 'Deep Throat' (informer) who told me this, is "distraught"! He actually is a fantastic doctor though and lives over here when he's not over there. I remember when I was half conked out on the bed, worrying what else could go wrong with my new lungs, he came in and told the room that he was my neighbour. I wanted to clatter him around the head with my shoe at this stage. Funny how first impressions are. Anyhoo, amazing is the only word to describe him!