Thursday, November 30, 2006

Wet weather

Can't a girl catch a break? I was hoping to get just one lesson where I didn't have to use windscreen wipers, but today I ended up driving around for two hours in torrential rain and stormy winds. The winds were so strong, when I was walking, they were pushing me down the hill and then pulling me back up. I looked like a puppet on strings.

  • Anyway driving went ok nonetheless. She only got frustrated at me a few times! Oops. She should probably brush up on her rules of the road though, as I had to point out that I was clearly in the right at one stage while making a turn. She muttered 'Oh yes...sorry'. Hmm.

  • Finished my monitoring for my diabetes today, and I am no longer a bionic woman. I wasn't allowed to put the needle (for the monitor) in my tummy because apparently the three people they did this with were unsuccessful and it fell out. I pointed out that I had it in my tummy the last time, and it was fine. Still though, they insisted on putting it elsewhere for fear of falling-out-ness. Well they need not have feared, as removing it forcefully took me ten minutes alone! Hopefully I should have the results in a few weeks. (I'm hoping before Christmas)

  • Searching for my all time favourite song, which I'm not sure of the name of it, but it goes 'And he sits outside and he waits, outside those factory gates, painting matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs'....Anybody know who that's by??

EILEEN and HELEN I doubt you know this one, unless you were forced to grow up listening to the likes of this like I was...

Babs, any ideas? Or how about Shell there in the back??