Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I realise that this is actually a day late and that I don't even celebrate thanksgiving, but I thought the concept was a nice idea. A day where we are thankful for everything we have etc etc. Ignoring the history of the holiday (which has something to do with native Americans and Americans coming together in peace and breaking bread - you learn from growing up watching American cartoons) I think that everyone should celebrate it. I am usually most thankful at Christmas, but in need of a blog, and because I have so much to be thankful for, I thought I'd post my thankies.

I am thankful for:

A Wonderful, supportive and loving family
Fantastic friends, who I would be nothing without
A wonderful life, privelaged in so many ways
Because life could always be worse
For being loved and for loving
For being blessed the way that I am
For being given a second chance at life
For the kindness of strangers
For the family of my Donor.

HOW TO OBSERVE THANKSGIVING
Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.
~Author Unknown
xXx
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"