Tuesday, September 27, 2005

September 27
Number4-BUSES
_______________

Buses, can't live with them, can't live without them-if you're from Dublin. To get to my college I have to take the 75 bus, a bus which I was warned about. 'Unreliable, never comes, smells'...and so the list goes on. I brushed these negative comments aside and said to the synics 'No you're wrong and have a negative attitude.'

So, today, I had a lecture at 2.30pm. I checked the bus timetable and selected the time to take the bus that best suited me. I chose to take the 1.40pm bus. I was going to be too late for the 1.10pm, but the 1.40pm would be perfect. So, off I set, around the corner, Ipod in my ears, bag on my back, coat zipped up and I got to the stop at 1.26pm- 'Perfect, I thought, I'll be right on time' And so I waited.....and waited.......and waited... and then...waited I looked at my watch it was 2pm. Oh no! I only had half an hour left before my lecture started...So at 2.15pm a bus pulled up. 'TUT TUT' I said to the driver (Ok I *felt* like saying). But while I was waiting, it gave me a chance to think and so here is what I came up with
10 things to do at a bus stop-(the poles not the shelters)

1. Hang out of it
2. Skip around it or play 'Ring a ring a Rosie' around it(minimum of 2people required to be successful)
3. Climb it
4. Kick it
5. Hug it
6. Pretend to be playing the recorder on it
7. Tie a string around it into a tight knot and try to untie it again
8. Paint it
9. Do a pole dance on it
10. Give it the finger-Suprisingly fun!!!

So there are 10 things to do at a bus stop pole if you end up waiting 45 minutes for a bus! I guess I'll leave you with a snippet of random piece of information. Did you know it was against the rules to sing on a bus?! Its actually true! And its also against the law to play an instrument musical or otherwise(what does that part mean I wonder??) on a bus. If you dont believe me check out http://www.dublinbus.ie See it for yourself!!x