Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sex and the City...

*no spoilers*

But, I went and saw it tonight. I never followed the series, but would watch episodes here and there, mostly late at night, in hospital, when I should be studying for exams, when I should be sleeping the night before exams, when it was cold outside, you know, wherever, so I knew who was who and the jist of the story!

The cinema was probably 99.99999% girls- the only boys being poor boyfriends dragged along. This made it funny, as there were a few reactions, which any normal girl makes whenever something scandalous happens/is said, but put 100 girls together and you have 100 girls making these same gasps all at once...

The movie (I don't know why I don't say 'film'...) was good, but just very like a LONG episode. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really 'film' quality. I mean honestly, without the background of the series, it would not have made it into the cinemas. But it was ok! Very....thinky type film... although that's quite possibly just me, as I always think profoundly, and try to apply anything that could be remotely seen as a metaphor for my own life! - which requires a lot of thinking and mulling over right now - well actually it doesn't, I just like to analyse things...

And I feel *so* much better for getting that all off my chest.