Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Broken Laptop

I bought my laptop back in 2005. Bebo was only getting started and YouTube didn't exist. It's over 2 years old and on its last legs. It has entered its retirement stage now.

Today the 'V' key fell off. And the 'B' key and the Spacebar. The whole spacebar!!! Now I may have been partly to blame but it kept getting stuck so it needed fixing.

Now it's just broken. The 'v' key is sitting on the table so I have to press the gap where it should be. Annoying since my email address has a 'v' in it.

The Spacebar is back on on one end. The other end is still sticking up and loose.

Then last night the battery died permently. I went on to buy another one but they don't sell mine anymore. I'm beginning to think I should just buy a new laptop.

I suppose I should be grateful that it's not acting like my broken-ish phone. Sometimes that just decides to turn off and refuses to come back to life. Until 3am and it starts making alarm noises, that can't be switched off because it can't be switched on.

And don't get me started on the musical sock. It was a Christmas themed sock so it was a Christmas jingle. Oh God the sock, the SOCK!!! The one we lost but it kept singing away anyway. In that 'battery dying getting sluggish' mode.Again and again and again. In the middle of the night. Sent my Dad mad(der)!!

It eventually turned up in the utility room under the dresser. Who'd of thought to look there? I think my Dad took the hammer to it.

I think I'll marry a robot.