Friday, December 15, 2006

  • There is a miracle worker in the Mater! One of the transplant nurses can take blood; more importantly, she can take my blood! Do you know what a skill that is?? The traffic was abysmal getting through town but I made it. She felt sorry for me having to wait ages for the doctor (incidentally the doctor who tried 4 times unsuccessfully on Tue) and said she'd have a go. Since she's nice, I let her try and first go in, whack bam thank you mam, my blood flowed like...flowing blood(?!).

  • I finally gave in to doing Christmas shopping and started off in town. In the Stephen's green shopping centre, Rté were filming for the 'Seoige&O'Shea' show. I simply wanted to cross across the pathway, and they stopped me, asking would I answer a few questions. Extremely hesitant, I said yes, thinking it it would just be a few quick questions, but then I discovered they wanted me to lie on a therapist's style couch and do a little skit thingy. Cringing with embarrassment, I explained I couldn't as I was way too shy ( I wouldn't want people thinking I go in search for TV appearances and the like, besides this stuff is way below the standard of what I'm used to!) and ran off! Oh dear...

  • Back in Dundrum, I ended up stopping shopping as I was literally weighed down with bags. Some of the things were rather heavy (Can't say much more then that...some readers = present recipients..). There were children carolers singing (what were supposed to be) Christmas carols in the centre. Although the words, and at times, the tune, wasn't very audible, they were very cute and all had Santa hats on them, so they got my spare change. Funnily, at the other end of the scale, there were elderly Carolers in town. I felt very sorry for them because it was shocking weather today, so they too got my spare change. I I picked up a Mac Donalds (Yes this crazy Mac Donalds craving lady is having yet another) and caught a lift home. Mmmm, MacFlurry!